about us: battleface is building a humanity-focused travel insurance company to bring people and the world together. We’re connecting travelers to customized insurance solutions that deliver the right insurance at the right price—right where and when they need it.
Our scope ranges from travellers who have bought a travel insurance policy from us to insurance companies who use our SaaS platform to manage interactions with their customers. We provide customer and user interactions across platforms and multiple user interfaces that address the needs of those users on both mobile and desktop.
It’s not just about a pretty look. We’re looking for someone who implements creative and intuitive solutions to make the journey easier for our users. As a Product Designer, working collaboratively with various facets of the battleface team is essential.
about you: You have a passion for having a positive impact on end users and have an “anything’s possible” mindset. You are flexible and embrace the startup ethos of innovation. You want to be part of something great. You’re different and enjoy collaborating with people new to the power of great design. You’re not like everybody else — and proud of it. You celebrate getting things done. You’re empathetic to colleagues and users.
We’re looking for a Product Designer who will:
- Work with team to understand goals, connect to our customer experience, and helps deliver solutions to customer problems
- Collaborates with in-house experts and external partner teams to inform product strategies and roadmaps
- Creates interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, interactive prototypes, and UI details that promote simplicity
- Openly shares design iterations for ongoing feedback
- Embraces the opportunities presented in working in a startup environment with initiative-taking colleagues
- Facilitates design and creative thinking exercises to engage team members in problem definition and problem solving
- A portfolio that demonstrates samples of elegant design that drove business results while solving customer problems
- Examples that highlight a strong understanding of design, digital branding and UI elements
- Experience working with existing interface and interaction patterns and best practices across a responsive design framework to ensure a consistent and intuitive experience
- Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns
- A conceptual understanding of Information Architecture as well as multi-step and cross platform workflows
- Proficiency with Figma
- Ability and willingness to move fast, shift gears quickly, navigate shifting priorities and successfully manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs
- Excellent attention to detail. We know this is cliche, but possessing the ability to anticipate engineering's needs and provide pixel-perfect, responsive designs that consider all possible scenarios is a must
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with the team and craft elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities
- Not afraid to get scrappy and ask questions to validate designs in a pinch
- Experience working on large scale projects with many simultaneous requests
- Solid understanding of front-end systems highly preferred
- Experience working directly with software engineers
- Worldwide travel