We use experience, innovation, data science, and technology to create the first end-to-end global travel insurance platform. From product design to emergency travel assistance, battleface redefines what it means to protect travelers worldwide.
The Head of Strategy & Business Development will identify, prioritize, and advocate projects and opportunities that spur growth. This is a new role with no existing playbook; you will be tasked with canvasing uncharted territory, gathering insights, and turning them into actionable and innovative strategies.
In concert with other members of the leadership team, you will oversee the organization’s B2B2C distribution projects and be responsible for the nurturing and management of its most vital partnerships. This role will also be tasked with working closely with other members of the team to identify strategic distribution partners and areas, channels, or markets that are primed for battleface to enter.
As a member of the battleface leadership team, you will have a visible presence with the Board of Directors, investors, external partners, and market analysts, in tandem with leading a small but growing team.
The role reports to the CEO and will be based at the battleface headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
- Assess, refine, and renew battleface's distribution strategy working with the CEO, Board of Directors, and leadership team
- Lead a team to successfully develop, oversee, and execute partnership strategies that enrich battleface and partner brands
- Identify, champion, and incubate market-changing growth opportunities across the company in the areas of platforms and technology and go-to-market
- Ensure company-wide execution as appropriate by developing business cases and aligning resources in a way that instills confidence and vision
- Regularly evaluate existing partnerships and explore new opportunities to maintain our organization stature
- Develop strategic relationships in the relevant industries and markets. Grow and cultivate battleface's leadership reputation among other tech companies. Represent battleface in discussions with key partners
- Monitor and evaluate major disruptions across the tech, insurance, and travel industries that may lead to opportunities for battleface
- Strategically utilize research and analytics to understand market dynamics, trends, size, segmentation, customer needs, applicable and emerging technologies, and the competitive landscape
- Secure and lead large-scale growth opportunities that disrupt the market and enhance battleface’s reputational position
- Define battleface's partnership model, including criteria for success, and identify new potential partner targets based on gaps in existing offerings and strategic objectives
- Develop and launch new strategic partnerships, including definitive metrics to measure success of relationships
- Create a predictable pipeline to growth by building a sustainable and scalable network of high-growth partnerships
- Spearhead the strategy and execution of securing significant partnerships
- Use vast expertise, creative problem solving, and relentless determination to uncover hidden and innovative opportunities that drive increased revenue
It’s an executive title, but it’s not for someone who just wants to sit back and manage people. We need someone who is creative, personable, and is aligned with our mission of disrupting boring-old insurance with innovative and exciting new methods. Sound like you?
- Experience in Business Development and Strategy for high-growth tech companies
- Bonus points for additional experience in B2B2C distribution, insurance, travel, or product management
- Experience in scaling growth-stage companies
- Proven track record of driving a company’s B2B2C growth
- Direct knowledge and experience in developing and managing technology integration and other strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, negotiating, and managing partnerships
- Fluent in current and emerging customer needs and industry opportunities
- Capable of waxing poetic about how changes in competitors, clients, and market segments affect the business
- Distills broad, wide-reaching corporate strategies into bite-sized and clear plans for individual business units and employees
- Creates plans that address specific segments or contrasts local market with other locations or segments
- Forward-thinker who sees years into the future
- Acts beyond just beating profitability or revenue goals, and looks for opportunities that push the envelope towards growth
- Takes specific steps to increase focus on growth
- Sets stretch targets on the metrics as the key performance indicators for the team
- Aims to surpass continually evolving and relevant goals
- Intentional when setting goals that are ambitious, realistic, and geared toward objectives that move the needle
- Focuses on new channels that enable our mission of building a humanity-focused travel insurance company to bring people and the world together
battleface is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.