Our mission: battleface is building a humanity-focused travel insurance company to bring people and the world together. Why? Because for far too long travel insurance has been stilted, stagnant, and so not worth it. But we’re changing that. How? By connecting travelers to customized insurance solutions that deliver peace of mind and relevant coverage. That means you get the right insurance at the right price—right where and when you need it. Backed by some of the biggest partners in travel, battleface makes buying and using travel insurance simple, seamless—and so awesome.
The Job: we're looking for a PR Manager to own and oversee US based PR efforts for the company. This individual will play an integral role, providing expertise to analyze PR opportunities and help drive brand awareness, and sales of travel insurance on our company website. The successful candidate will be passionate about B2B and B2C PR and communications, possess the right balance of strategic thinking and strong quantitative skills, be a good communicator, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while collaborating across multiple teams.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics in conjunction with the Director of Communications
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media in conjunction with the Director of Communications
- Coordinate all public relations activities in conjunction with the Director of Communications
- Assist the social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and help communicate PR results on a weekly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Additional duties as necessary
- Proven working experience in public relations required either agency or client side (minimum 2 years experience desirable).
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and travel industry media
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
- Knowledge of Meltwater for social and PR tracking is preferred