Our mission: battleface is building a humanity-focused travel insurance company to bring people and the world together. Why? Because for far too long travel insurance has focused on the company, not the customer. But we’re changing that. How? By connecting travellers to customized insurance solutions that deliver the right insurance at the right price—right where and when they need it.
The Job: battleface, a fast-growing insurtech travel provider, is looking for a Business Development Manager to help us in our mission. Stop reading now if you don’t love travel, sales, partnerships, tech, and smart strategy—not to mention amazing people, culture, and benefits.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who can:
- Find and establish new relationships with distribution partners who are travel suppliers, small-to-medium sized companies, not-for-profit organisations, and associations
- Work with our underwriting teams to custom-build travel insurance products for distribution partners (B2B2C) or group (B2B) policies for organisations and associations
- Build a pipeline of qualified highly profitable opportunities
- Set and beat sales goals
- Work and collaborate with other departments, including underwriting, engineering, and operations to assure partner success
- Develop a plan, revisit it quarterly and deliver
- Travel, speak up, network, and produce!
About You: New rules, new roles: this position is for team players who embrace innovation and tech. The perfect candidate plays well with others, keeps an eye out for sales and development, and has a hunger to help us expand our growth goals. Creative, personable, and ready to shake up boring old insurance with innovative and exciting new methods. Sound like you?
- Experience in Business Development and Sales for high-growth tech and/or travel insurance companies
- Full understanding of these acronyms: B2B and B2B2C, and a proven track record of executing and onboarding in both
- Experience in scaling growth-stage companies
- Relevant and fresh contacts within the target companies
- Do we need to mention this again? Proven track record of driving a company’s growth
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, negotiating, and managing partnerships
- Fluent in current and emerging customer needs and travel insurance industry opportunities
And, most importantly about your focus on impact:
- Aims to surpass continually evolving and relevant goals
- Intentional when setting goals that are ambitious, realistic, and geared toward objectives that move the needle
- Focuses on partnerships that enable our mission of building a humanity-focused travel insurance company to bring people and the world together