Our mission: battleface is building a humanity-focused travel insurance company to bring people and the world together. Why? Because for far too long travel insurance has focused on the company, not the customer. But we’re changing that. How? By connecting travelers to customized insurance solutions that deliver the right insurance at the right price—right where and when they need it.
The job: battleface, a fast-growing insurtech travel insurance provider, is looking for a Sales Director to help us in our mission. Stop reading now if you don’t love travel, sales, partnerships, tech, and smart strategy—not to mention amazing people, culture, and benefits.
Specifically, we’re looking for a Sales Director who can:
- Find and establish new relationships with distribution partners, including travel suppliers, traveltech, insurtech and fintech companies
- Build a focused pipeline and aggressively work it
- Set and exceed sales goals
- Work with underwriting, engineering, and operations to ensure partner success
- Develop a plan, test it and revisit it regularly
- Travel, speak up, network, and produce!
About you: You’re ready to redefine specialty travel insurance. New rules, new roles. This position is for a team player with a strong customer base who also embraces innovative approaches to new markets: traveltech, insurtech, and fintech. Using proven people skills and a passion for sales, the perfect candidate can balance maintaining current business relationships and securing new ones.
- Previous insurance direct client sales and key account management roles
- Travel Insurance / Traveltech, Fintech or Insurtech background preferred
- Travel Lines, P&C and/or A&H licensing is a plus
- Full understanding of B2B and B2B2C acronyms, with experience executing both
- Experience in scaling growth-stage companies
- Relevant and fresh contacts within the target companies
- Do we need to mention this again? Proven track record of driving a company’s growth
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, negotiating, and managing partnerships
- Fluent in current and emerging customer needs and travel insurance industry opportunities
And, most importantly about your strategy for impact:
- Aims to surpass continually evolving and relevant goals
- Intentional when setting goals that are ambitious, realistic, and geared toward objectives that move the needle
- Focus on partnerships that enable our mission of building a humanity-focused travel insurance company to bring people and the world together
- Insurance – Dental, Health, Life, Vision – 100% of premiums are covered by battleface
- You’ll never work on your birthday
- 28 days of PTO, 15 sick days, and federal holidays
- Travel – All international travel for associates is insured and covered by battleface